Workers are exposed to manual handling widely in their activities every day. When carrying out a manual handling risk assessment, staff should be considering four main areas: the nature of the task, the capabilities of the individual performing it, the characteristics of the load and the layout of the environment. Correct manual handling techniques plays an essential role to avoid accidents.
Why this course?
- Understand correct and safe techniques of lifting things
- Know the hazards and risk opposed to improper techniques of lifting
- Establish the control measures
- Introduction of manual handling
- Problems and causes of manual handling
- Risk assessment
- Manual handling factors
– Nature of load
– Working conditions
– Personal limitations
- Six basic principles of manual handling
- Manual handling practical exercises
– Assess the load,
– Check the environment
– Select methods and select tools
This course is evaluated and approved by Asian Society of Safety and Health Professionals (ASSHP)
We need 15 students as minimum numbers/class
How long does the manual handling take?
- 10 hours
- A 2-hour paper test in a 45 question of multiple choice and written format at the end of the course.
- You must make a score of at least 70% to pass this course.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 8 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 20
- Assessments Yes