ISO 45001 Lead Auditor (Self-study)
ISO 45001 Lead Auditor
What is this ISO about?
This ISO is about OHS management system
Why this course?
This PECB course is strictly validated by the accreditation of the International Accreditation Service (IAS) under ISO/IEC 17024 – Requirements for bodies operating certification of persons
This ISO 45001 Lead Auditor course is by Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), Canada who is an accredited Management System Certification Body by International Accreditation Service (IAS) under ISO/IEC 17021 – Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of management systems.
Why should you attend?
ISO 45001 IS the first global Occupational Health and Safety Management System standard that replaces OHSAS 18001.
The ISO 45001 Lead Auditor training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to perform an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OH&S MS) audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques.
During this training course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 certification process.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master the audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers, and conflict resolution.
After acquiring the necessary expertise to perform this audit, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO 45001 Lead Auditor” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Auditor Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities and competencies to audit organizations based on best practices.
Who should attend?
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OH&S MS) certification audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master an Occupational Health and Safety Management System audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with OH&S MS requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for an Occupational Health and Safety Management System audit
- Expert advisors in Occupational Health and Safety Management
- Understand the operations of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OH&S MS) based on ISO 45001
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 45001 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand the auditor’s role in planning, leading and following-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO 45001 in the context of an OH&S MS audit
- Introduction to OH&S MS and ISO 45001
- Audit principles and the preparation for and initiation of an audit
- On-site audit activities
- Closing the audit
- Certification exam
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in OH&S MS audits
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical questions and examples
- Practical exercises include examples and case study discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO 45001 and comprehensive knowledge of audit principles.
The PECB Certified ISO 45001 Lead Auditor exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). It covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of an occupational health and safety management system
- Domain 2: Occupational health and safety management system (OH&S MS) requirements
- Domain 3: Fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Domain 4: Preparing for an ISO 45001 audit
- Domain 5: Conducting an ISO 45001 audit
- Domain 6: Closing an ISO 45001 audit
- Domain 7: Managing an ISO 45001 audit program
Upon the successful completion of the exam, you can apply for the credential shown on the table below. Depending on the level of experience, a certificate will be issued to you if you comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential.
The requirements for PECB Auditor Certifications are:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||MS audit/assessment experience||Other requirements|
|PECB Certified ISO 45001 Provisional Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 45001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||None||None||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 45001 Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 45001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||Two years: One year of work experience in OH&S management||Audit activities: a total of 200 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 45001 Lead Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 45001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||Five years: Two years of work experience in OH&S management||Audit activities: a total of 300 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 45001 Senior Lead Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 45001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||Ten years: Seven years of work experience in OH&S management||Audit activities: a total of 1,000 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
To be considered valid, these audits should follow best audit practices and include the following activities:
- Audit planning
- Audit interview
- Managing an audit program
- Drafting audit reports
- Drafting nonconformity reports
- Drafting audit working documents
- Documentation review
- On-site audit
- Follow-up on nonconformities
- Leading an audit team
- You are provided with login information to our learning platform and the course materials.
- You can contact our tutors via Skype, Zoom, Viber or WhatsApp for further questions
To complete within 30 days.
- A 3-hour online test in essay type questions. The exam duration is three (3) hours. Non-native speakers receive an additional thirty (30) minutes.
- You must make a score of at least 70% to pass this course.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 30 days
- Skill level Lead level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes